Thursday, August 30, 2007

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Info
5 Words: Possibly the greatest documentary ever.
1 Number: 10
The Final Word: I fancy myself quite the amateur photographer, taking multiple cameras with me on vacation. On my recent trip to Finland, Russia, and Estonia, I took 2 cameras: one standard that I use for low light and run of the mill photos and one Lomo camera that takes fantastic color, artsy photos.
Not an hour before seeing "The King of Kong", I found out that all of my rolls of film taken with my Lomo camera while on vacation were completely ruined. You can imagine how sad and disappointed I felt going in to the theater. "The King of Kong" was the perfect antidote; leaving the theater, I could not stop smiling.
It's amazing that the participants of this film exist in a nonfiction world and that their hopeless gaming lives can be so entertaining! It's Trekkies with a compelling storyline.

No comments: